The Color and Materials Library (CML) is an established branch of CCS’ libraries located on the Taubman Campus. This facility serves all undergraduate and graduate art and design majors at the College. The CML houses material samples, books, catalogues and periodicals relevant to the study of color, materials, sustainability, and trends in the commercial art and design context.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the daily operations of the CML;
- Provide reference services, including bibliographic instruction sessions tailored to materials, to students, faculty and staff;
- Purchase books and materials, including soliciting donor materials, to support the BFA and MFA curricula;
- In collaboration with library staff, create, schedule and execute marketing events for the CML;
- Perform original and copy cataloguing through the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC);
- Work with the Main Campus Library in collection management and serials control activities;
- Evaluate and subsequently, update and withdraw library materials;
- Train, supervise and manage work-study students assigned to the CML;
- Collaborate with Department Chairs, faculty and staff to work with relevant manufacturers and suppliers to build and update the materials sample collection;
- Chair a color and materials’ advisory committee;
- With the Director, plan, research and develop annual operating budget and capital budget projects;
- Work with part-time staff and other AICAD institutions to develop a color & materials database;
- Additional duties as assigned.
MLS from an ALA accredited program with one year experience.
Candidates with a background in art, design or material science are strongly preferred. Candidate must be an energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and service-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and excellent written and communication skills.